Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday

First I want to say how much I enjoyed listening to Coach Knight throughout ESPN's coverage of the Big East Tourney tonight. I can't wait to hear what he has to say about his former Red Raiders tomorrow when they play OK State. Being a Tech student I'm not looking forward to playing one of the hottest teams in the Big 12.

New Team In: Mount St. Mary's
Old Teams Out: Sacred Heart

Teams Playing to Stay Alive
  • Villanova: Beat the Hoyas and the Wildcats will be permanently in my bracket
  • UNLV: Must avoid a first round loss to the Horned Frogs
  • UNM: Must avoid a first round loss to the Utes
  • Dayton: Interesting situation if they beat Xavier tomorrow
  • West Virginia: I believe they sealed their bid this afternoon by beating the Friars, but a win over UConn would put a stop to Doug Gottlieb's ongoing hatred of Huggybear
  • Oregon: The Ducks must beat Washington St. tomorrow to even be considered
  • UAB and Houston: Must win and meet each other in the semis and probably still need to beat Memphis
  • Florida: Message to the Gators don't even think about losing
  • Mississippi: See message sent to Florida
  • Arizona: I'm putting the Wildcats in my final bracket regardless if they beat Stanford or not. Could the Cardinal really lose 3 straight games? Simple answer: Yes
Enjoy tomorrow's games I have special interest in two games:
Texas Tech vs. Oklahoma St.
Utah vs. New Mexico

I expect the bracket to clear up some questions tomorrow... Hopefully?

Go Raiders and Lobos!


No comments: